We are made up of several standup, positive, proactive and proud riders; we all support each other and the communities in which we live. We at gO are determined to make a presence at races and rides, give back to our community and each other, and portray the best sportsmanship both on and off the trails. We want this valley, Colorado and the world to know that our Bike Team consists only of these people. Bottom line is we all love to ride and stay active, healthy and strong. and are dedicated to this lifestyle.
We can’t say enough about these folks. Our elite riders have proven their worth over the years and we are proud that they represent us (and very well at that!). To become a member of the elite gO team, these guys and gals have shown us their strength as a competitor (they win a lot!), given back at gO events by coaching and volunteering and are all-around amazing gO ambassadors.
I grew up in Estes Park, Colorado. I dabbled in XC mountain biking and road racing through highschool, college, and grad school, but didn’t find my niche until I moved to Crested Butte in 2011. The endless trail opportunities in this valley breeds ultra-endurance freaks. I never was a fan of “intervals” or a training plan, but in Crested Butte I am always motivated to go on epic rides. <more
A NY native, I moved to Gunnison in 1994 to attend Western State College. Initially I was a distance runner for Western in cross-country but found cycling to be less injurious. I raced 4 seasons as an expert MTB rider starting in 1995, then moved on to semi-pro in 2000 and pro/elite by 2001. <more
I grew up in the Chicago Land area, riding BMX, playing baseball, lacrosse, and pond hockey. In 2008, I moved to Gunnison to attend Western State Colorado University after transferring from Northern Michigan University… <more
Two-time 24 Hour Solo National, 2012,2010; 2 time Breckenridge 100 winner; 2nd at Growler 2012; 5th Adventure Racing World Championships 2011… <more
Join the gO Ride Club Team!
Want to become a better rider and improve your skills? Want to be part of a community of standup, proactive riders? Want to try a race? Join the gO Team! Open to all abilities, with the goal of growing the biking community, health and wellness, having fun and helping you become a better rider!
How Do I Join?
The gO Ride Team is open to everyone, regardless of ability or racing experience. Contact Sarah Stubbe (email@example.com) and we’ll get you registered. Members will be notified about all team rides, races, and skills clinics. Seasonal dues are $100 and include an official team jersey. You don’t have to race to be on the team.
- The mountain bike team is inspired by (and the brain child of) orthopedic surgeon and riding legend, Dr. Rhett Griggs of Griggs Orthopedics
- Kaitlyn Archambault and Sarah Stubbe co-manage the team (and happen to ride themselves as well!)
- You’ll get access to team-only rides, skills clinics/camps and discounted training opportunities. Rides, clinics and camps will happen intermittently throughout the season.
- You’ll get support/aid at all the races where gO is present.
- Tuesday Night Worlds. All members are invited to join the infamous Tuesday Night Group Ride which is usually led out by former gO Team manager, Dave Ochs.
- A Griggs Ortho – gO Team jersey is included with your dues. Full team race kits, skin suits and triathlon kits are available at substantial savings from our official race clothing provider, Cuore. Contact Sarah to order.
- You’ll get access to a team-only internet group for private team discussion with teammates and gO coaches ***coming soon***
- We’ll set up a Griggs Ortho tent and base camp for athletes and their families at a few select events, as determined by the team.
- Special team-only discounts and support throughout the year from our sponsors
Team Member Requirements
- You are asked to represent Griggs Ortho and our community in a positive manner at all times, both on and off the bike (gO reserves the right to remove riders from the team due to improper or unsportsmanlike behavior)
- Please wear your gO jersey at all races and events and group rides; wear it with pride!
- We’ll ask each member to volunteer at one race, camp, or event